A lot has happened since the inaugural block of Bitcoin was mined back in January 2009. Innumerable blockchain-based projects are now in existence, and the world as we know it has changed forever!
With the immense power of the blockchain technology comes the tremendous responsibility to make the most out of the opportunities presented. Much good has happened and new ways of improving our lives emerged, from lightning-fast financial transactions to the intricately sophisticated "internet of things." Yet, important opportunities for improvement exist. For example, do we really need 2,000-watt devices, running 24 hours a day, across countless "crypto farms"? Or perhaps the issue of unethical use of cryptocurrencies to avoid one's societal responsibilities.
The inception of our group - Leaders and advocates of various blockchain projects - Is a response to what we perceive as the prevalent misuse of precious resources, unethical behaviors, unchecked greed, short-term thinking, and lack of regard for the planetary environmental impact of energy-hungry cryptocurrency ventures.
Taken collectively, abandoned cryptocurrency projects contribute significantly to global warming and lost productivity. Our group's stance is clear: We have plenty of well-working blockchain projects, yet innumerable new projects are being created on daily basis, many for dubious purposes. We need to wake up as a global community!
Below are the key elements of our Cryptocurrency Leadership Charter, fully embraced by, and voluntarily agreed upon, all participating projects:
1) Together we are stronger: Despite the highly competitive cryptocurrency space, existing projects are more likely to sustainably thrive by helping each other out.
2) We are ethical and fair: Our members pledge to follow sound business ethics, do what is right, and be fair to all stakeholders.
3) Short-term thinking is unacceptable: For every "short-term play" there will be "long-term interest to pay." We will never "pump and dump" crypto assets. In fact, our goal is to provide a counterbalance to harmful speculators.
4) We stand by and defend each other's projects: Our group is proud of the camaraderie present within our ranks. We will stand by and defend each other. We have each other's back!
5) Each project is independent at its core: Participating projects are fully independent and participate purely on voluntary basis. This means that projects are free to choose how they collaborate, implement, and enforce any group decisions.
6) We share resources: When mutually beneficial, participating projects are encouraged to share resources, whether it be programming or blockchain security expertise, or perhaps shared exchange and/or monetization platforms.
7) We promote responsible and sustainable growth: Candidate projects are evaluated by our group for their readiness to embrace collaborative spirit of EWMCI's Leadership Alliance. Emphasis is placed on blockchain security (e.g., merge-mining, multi-algorithm approaches) and environmentally friendly approaches (e.g., CPU mining, hive mining, merge-mining, minting/staking). We then vote for the top candidates.
8) We care about the environment: It is increasingly apparent that "old-fashioned" cryptocurrency mining is contributing to tremendous inefficiencies in how we use precious resources, such as energy and means of producing energy. This harms our societies by driving prices of electricity to new highs and by generating unnecessarily large amounts of greenhouse emissions. Our group is all about curbing this abusive paradigm - by preserving existing blockchains (and thus the energy used to generate them) and by encouraging our members to move away from energy-hungry methods of blockchain propagation.
9) We advocate for each other: Our communities help each other by engaging actively in projects, social media discourse, and other forms of participation. When necessary, the group may consider rescuing a meritorious project in distress.
10) We create a safer crypto environment: By vetting our participating projects, exchanges, wallets, and other infrastructure elements, we are able to provide the end-user with superior value, quality standards, and ultimately build the kind of trust one expects of a highly reputable industry.
Our group in numbers:
Participating projects listed below
All of our projects combined, estimated value
All of our projects together, estimated rank
Only members of the EWMCI Crypto Leadership Alliance are allowed to display this medallion.
Our guiding principles are clearly reflected - Ethics, integrity, quality, value, and trust!
These sites provide fundamental market analysis, price, volume and market cap information. In addition, some may track community growth, open-source code development, major events / on-chain metrics.
In general, there is some heterogeneity among the three, and we recommend cross-checking listed data.
What is a Verified Partner?
Cryptocurrency site/provider known to deliver excellent service, ethical business conduct, and quality / value that inspire trust!
EWMCI selects Verified Partners based on stringent criteria, guided by key principles listed on the Verified Partner logo.