EWMCI is proud to introduce our three cryptocurrency tracking indices: Gold (Formerly Large Cap); Silver (Formerly Mid Cap); and Bronze (Formerly Micro & Small Cap).
Because long-term, distraction-free investment strategies are critical to financial sustainability, we will be updating our indices only once a week (Friday or Saturday). Re-balancing of our tracked portfolios will take place on quarterly basis.
We believe that one of the key applications of cryptography-based financial assets (CBFA) is blockchain-verified, secure storage of wealth. In addition, a diversified portfolio may provide some advantages over single-asset strategy.
Designed to minimize overall portfolio volatility and optimize value, our indices uniquely feature both a fixed cash position and precious metal (gold, palladium, platinum, and silver) positions.
Our team has years of experience in the cryptocurrency space. Using our expertise, we conducted functional testing on all CBFA included in our tracking indices. As such, component assets must meet or exceed the following criteria set forth by our research team:
1) Evidence of active project community involvement: The more active the community, the better. The presence of stated purpose and a published White Paper are considered to be strong “positives”. Defunct websites and unresponsive development teams are considered “red flags”
2) Evidence of project focus on blockchain security: This may take different, project-specific forms, such as “The Hive” introduced by LiteCoin Cash Foundation, multi-algorithm mining (e.g., AuroraCoin, Digibyte or DigitalCoin), and merge-mining strategies (e.g., NameCoin, ViaCoin, Unitus). All of the above reduce, but do not completely eliminate, the risk of a successful malignant attack on the corresponding blockchain and/or infrastructure. Project leadership response to security events is also closely watched by our team.
3) Ease of mining / staking: This is a critical component of any well-functioning blockchain-based project. Our team periodically points hashing equipment at different mining pools dedicated to CBFA featured in our indices. Same is done for staking. Persistent difficulties associated with such “spot testing” are noted and may contribute to replacement of corresponding assets in our tracking indices.
4) Ease of transaction / network activity and capacity: Our team also examines whether transactions involving each of the included CBFA are seamless. Persistent problems, delays, or frozen transactions constitute “red flags” and may lead to asset removal from the index.
5) Tradeability / wallet functionality: Assets tracked by our indices must be readily exchanged for Bitcoin to ensure liquidity and seamless transactions. Likewise, well-functioning, secure wallet availability is critical to the maintenance of the overall transaction network.
EWMCI holds positions in many of the financial and cryptocurrency assets included in our model indices. We do not offer financial products based on these assets, nor do we advocate for or against holding any of the index components.
Our financial model(s) are provided for informational and educational purposes only, and individuals who use these model(s) do so by their own choice, and at their own risk.
Overall, there is significant financial risk involved in holding CBFA, and individuals considering investing in such assets should first educate themselves (and/or seek appropriate financial advice) before undertaking any potential risks.
Donate to one of the following addresses.
Your generosity greatly appreciated!
Your donations / support will be used to:
1) Enhance graphics and add more frequent updates
2) Perform ongoing research and objective testing of various blockchain projects, allowing continued refining of our tracking indices; index updates (e.g., inclusions/exclusions of new assets); and gradual enhancement of the index performance (e.g., calibration aimed at optimizing growth and reducing volatility)
3) Incorporate real-time streaming quotes. This will require more resources and the development of high-level partnerships with cryptocurrency data providers
Consider placing a single claim for the following addresses using the corresponding “direct-to-wallet” faucets; This will cost you no money and will only take a minute of your time:
BitBlocks Faucet: https://faucet.bitblocksproject.com/
Gridcoin Faucet: https://gridcoin.ch/faucet
Myriadcoin Faucet: https://cryptap.us/myr/faucet/